I love cooking chicken cutlets for dinner in the form of stir fry or baked schnitzel. Two reasons I love it: a) It’s a source of protein that my kids actually like other than cheese and eggs #momstruggles. And b) It cooks super fast which makes it an easy dinner for me to make because most days I don’t have time for fancy or time-consuming dinners (although I wish I did).
But, if I am in the mood of getting fancy I can still easily do so with chicken cutlets. I use the same recipe for my baked schnitzel except I cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes, stick them on toothpicks and voila! I’ve got mini little appetizers – which is fancy in book.
These are super quick to make and are pretty to serve, not to mention fun to eat – what is it about appetizers that make them so cute and fun to eat? I also enjoy the fact that these are baked and not fried but still deliver on taste and texture. Get the recipe below, enjoy!
Baked Chicken Nugget Poppers with Honey Mustard Dip
- 2 lbs chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ¼ cup mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups bread crumbs
Honey Mustard Dip:
- ¼ cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cube frozen crushed garlic, defrosted
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut chicken breast into 1 inch cubes.
- Place in bowl and mix with salt, honey and mustard until all chicken pieces are well coated. Let it sit 10 minutes.
- Pour some bread crumbs into a wide plate. Dredge 2-3 chicken pieces at a time in bread crumbs. Transfer to baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat until all chicken pieces are coated in breadcrumbs.
- Lightly spray all chicken pieces with cooking oil.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to cooling rack right away so that the nuggets don’t get soggy on the bottom.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes. In the meantime, make the dip (see directions below).
- Place each chicken nugget on a toothpick. You can add any piece of vegetable you want for extra color, crunch, and nutrients. I went with grape tomatoes, sliced in half.
- Transfer to serving dish with honey mustard dip and enjoy!
Honey Mustard Dip:
- In a small bowl: whisk together honey, mustard, crushed garlic cube, salt, mayo, and lemon juice until well blended and there are no lumps.
- Serve with chicken nuggets for dipping and enjoy!
More from the blog...
Apple Pie Cups I LOVE this time year. Not only does the weather get nice and breezy and the anticipation for boots, and scarves, and pumpkin, and all that is cozy is in the air - it’s also a month packed with action!!! And by action I mean holidays aka Rosh Hashanah...
Chocolate Banana Overnight Oats I can’t believe today is the last day of #RGNBreakfastWeek! I had such a fun time creating this for you guys. If you missed out on Breakfast Week - you can still get in on the action! Get my Recipe E-book: "Breakfast with Intention", ...
Carrot Cake Pancakes Hey, Friend! Breakfast Week over on Instagram has been so much fun this week! Have you checked your email yet? It’s Day 5 of #RNGBreakfastWeek and I’m talking all about mindfulness and setting intentions! I think this has to be my favorite topic...
Cherry Breakfast Smoothie Want breakfast to be DOABLE? Do you want your mornings to be mindful, intentional and energizing - without all the stress? Get the Breakfast with Intention Recipe eBook which includes 7 delicious recipes, plus all my breakfast tips and how it...
Mason Jar Omelete Want breakfast to be DOABLE? Do you want your mornings to be mindful, intentional and energizing - without all the stress? Get the Breakfast with Intention Recipe eBook which includes 7 delicious recipes, plus all my breakfast tips and how it can...
No-Bake Cereal Bars Want breakfast to be DOABLE? Do you want your mornings to be mindful, intentional and energizing - without all the stress? Get the Breakfast with Intention Recipe eBook which includes 7 delicious recipes, plus all my breakfast tips and how it can...