I love cooking chicken cutlets for dinner in the form of stir fry or baked schnitzel. Two reasons I love it: a) It’s a source of protein that my kids actually like other than cheese and eggs #momstruggles. And b) It cooks super fast which makes it an easy dinner for me to make because most days I don’t have time for fancy or time-consuming dinners (although I wish I did).
But, if I am in the mood of getting fancy I can still easily do so with chicken cutlets. I use the same recipe for my baked schnitzel except I cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes, stick them on toothpicks and voila! I’ve got mini little appetizers – which is fancy in book.
These are super quick to make and are pretty to serve, not to mention fun to eat – what is it about appetizers that make them so cute and fun to eat? I also enjoy the fact that these are baked and not fried but still deliver on taste and texture. Get the recipe below, enjoy!
Baked Chicken Nugget Poppers with Honey Mustard Dip
- 2 lbs chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ¼ cup mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups bread crumbs
Honey Mustard Dip:
- ¼ cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cube frozen crushed garlic, defrosted
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut chicken breast into 1 inch cubes.
- Place in bowl and mix with salt, honey and mustard until all chicken pieces are well coated. Let it sit 10 minutes.
- Pour some bread crumbs into a wide plate. Dredge 2-3 chicken pieces at a time in bread crumbs. Transfer to baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat until all chicken pieces are coated in breadcrumbs.
- Lightly spray all chicken pieces with cooking oil.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to cooling rack right away so that the nuggets don’t get soggy on the bottom.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes. In the meantime, make the dip (see directions below).
- Place each chicken nugget on a toothpick. You can add any piece of vegetable you want for extra color, crunch, and nutrients. I went with grape tomatoes, sliced in half.
- Transfer to serving dish with honey mustard dip and enjoy!
Honey Mustard Dip:
- In a small bowl: whisk together honey, mustard, crushed garlic cube, salt, mayo, and lemon juice until well blended and there are no lumps.
- Serve with chicken nuggets for dipping and enjoy!
More from the blog...
Ep 108 Where Your Food Noise & Inner Body Bully comes from and How to Find Healing Within Yourself with Robin Gutman LSCW
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify Living with an inner critic in your mind that relentlessly makes you feel bad about your body.. That tells you how ‘bad’ you are for eating a slice of cake… That convinces you that you're weak, a failure, and not...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify In this episode Rachel covers: The difference between eating with freedom and eating with intuition (and why the 2 get confused) When food freedom can turn into impulsive eating and red flags to look out for...
Yom Kippur (the holiest day in the Jewish year, which is also a fast day) is coming up next week! Fasting used to bring with it so much food stress and chaos before and after the fast (restriction can do that to ya!) Today, my preparations for the fast and how I...
How to know if you’re eating intuitively or impulsively – know the difference and learn how to stop impulsive eating
“Intuitive Eating doesn’t work for me, I just eat all the things and it doesn’t feel good.” Have you been feeling this way or have heard someone say this when you share the Intuitive Eating approach with them? Then brace yourself for a lightbulb moment: You’re...
Have you ever said about your body "I feel fat"? But not in a loving way. In a mean, disgusted, and maybe defeated way? It's time to get to the root of your bad body image thoughts. Maybe it was that moment where you ate too much chocolate and groaned, “ugh! I feel...
Ep 106 3 Things I’d do differently if I were starting my business from scratch – this will accelerate YOUR success
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify The sooner you focus on the RIGHT things to build your business and work with dream clients, the sooner you’ll achieve that goal and live out your vision of success. Looking back, when I began my entrepreneur...