Carrot Cake Pancakes
Hey, Friend! Breakfast Week over on Instagram has been so much fun this week!
Have you checked your email yet? It’s Day 5 of #RNGBreakfastWeek and I’m talking all about mindfulness and setting intentions!
I think this has to be my favorite topic yet! One of the most powerful eating habits you can cultivate is awareness. Make sure to check your inbox and read all about it!
Today’s Recipe of the Day is:
Carrot Cake Pancakes!
I’m seriously obsessed with carrot cake and I LOVE pancakes. So you really can’t go wrong with Carrot Cake Pancakes! Who’s with me?
Make a batch and then separate into ziplock bags and store in the freezer. Defrost the night before or in the microwave for an easy and delicious breakfast that will only take 2 minutes to prep.
Carrot Cake Pancakes
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup + 2 tbsps milk of choice
- 1 tbsps apple cider vinegar or distilled white vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup loosely packed grated carrots
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup toasted coconut flakes
- Sour cream or coconut whip
- Chopped walnuts
- Toasted coconut flakes
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients: white whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Stir together milk and vinegar. Set aside for 2 minutes. It will curdle a bit.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, vanilla, egg, oil, and maple syrup.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir just until combined. It’s okay if it has some lumps, you don’t want to overmix it or you will end up with a tough chewy pancake.
- Fold in grated carrots, raisins, and coconut flakes just until dispersed in the batter.
- Heat griddle or pan to medium heat and coat lightly with oil. Pour ¼ cup batter at a time and allow to cook for 1 min or so – until the sides start firm up and the middle gets bubbly.
- Flip pancake and cook additional 30 seconds. Repeat until batter makes 6 to 8 pancakes.
- Top with sour cream or coconut whip cream, walnuts, coconut flakes, and maple syrup and enjoy!
Ready to make peace with food?
Schedule Your Free Mini Nutrition Session!
More on the blog...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify Do you struggle with Binge Eating? In this episode, Rachel guides you through the 4 things that are keeping you stuck in the binge eating cycle, and the 4 things you’ll want to start doing instead to break free of...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify NASM certified Personal Trainer, Julie Newbry, shares with us her story of how she overcame her eating disorder and created a career in fitness to help women feel their best without hating their body size. In...
Ep 36 How to Spot Inaccurate Nutrition Advice & Why Netflix Documentaries Can Be Misleading with Melissa Eaton
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify With all the conflicting nutrition information you see on the internet, social media, and netflix documentaries i’ts no wonder so many are confused as to what balanced healthy eating should be. In this episode,...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify Do you want to live a life of food freedom but want to have weight loss as a goal at the same time? In this episode Rachel discusses the relationship between set weight point, weight loss (or lack thereof), and...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify Registered Dietitian, Bonnie Roney, shares with us how shifting from a weight focus approach to a food freedom approach has benefited the life & health of her clients as well as her own - and how leaving diets...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify As a parent living in a thin obsessed world, it can be challenging to raise kids who love themselves and their bodies as they are. In this episode, Dana Suchow, an advocate for raising body positive children...