Carrot Cake Pancakes
Hey, Friend! Breakfast Week over on Instagram has been so much fun this week!
Have you checked your email yet? It’s Day 5 of #RNGBreakfastWeek and I’m talking all about mindfulness and setting intentions!
I think this has to be my favorite topic yet! One of the most powerful eating habits you can cultivate is awareness. Make sure to check your inbox and read all about it!
Today’s Recipe of the Day is:
Carrot Cake Pancakes!
I’m seriously obsessed with carrot cake and I LOVE pancakes. So you really can’t go wrong with Carrot Cake Pancakes! Who’s with me?
Make a batch and then separate into ziplock bags and store in the freezer. Defrost the night before or in the microwave for an easy and delicious breakfast that will only take 2 minutes to prep.
Carrot Cake Pancakes
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup + 2 tbsps milk of choice
- 1 tbsps apple cider vinegar or distilled white vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup loosely packed grated carrots
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup toasted coconut flakes
- Sour cream or coconut whip
- Chopped walnuts
- Toasted coconut flakes
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients: white whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Stir together milk and vinegar. Set aside for 2 minutes. It will curdle a bit.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, vanilla, egg, oil, and maple syrup.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir just until combined. It’s okay if it has some lumps, you don’t want to overmix it or you will end up with a tough chewy pancake.
- Fold in grated carrots, raisins, and coconut flakes just until dispersed in the batter.
- Heat griddle or pan to medium heat and coat lightly with oil. Pour ¼ cup batter at a time and allow to cook for 1 min or so – until the sides start firm up and the middle gets bubbly.
- Flip pancake and cook additional 30 seconds. Repeat until batter makes 6 to 8 pancakes.
- Top with sour cream or coconut whip cream, walnuts, coconut flakes, and maple syrup and enjoy!
Ready to make peace with food?
Schedule Your Free Mini Nutrition Session!
More on the blog...
When I was dieting, I would really really want ice cream. But I believed choosing ice cream was a bad choice and that I was being “so good” if I was able to keep myself from eating it. As always, I couldn't resist and eventually ate the ice cream, and then some. What...
Creamy Chocolate Fudge A super easy, creamy, and decadent dessert or snack that’s also chock full of healthy fats, plant-based protein, and fiber! This one is going to be your go-to for that sweet tooth because not only is it so delicious, its also SO crazy easy to...
“I’m finding it so difficult to stick to honoring my hunger and not eating when I’m not hungry! I feel bad to eat if I don't feel hunger but then I’m craving all the things. Help!” Do you struggle with the same concern? Okay, let’s talk about hunger. First, let’s...
Healthy Cheesecake Parfaits A cheesecake parfait that amps up the protein, fiber, and antioxidants without compromising flavor and texture for a satisfying bite. Enjoy as a Shavuot dessert or any time of year, really! Ingredients: Granola layer: ½ cup pistachios ½ cup...
Apple Pie Cups I LOVE this time year. Not only does the weather get nice and breezy and the anticipation for boots, and scarves, and pumpkin, and all that is cozy is in the air - it’s also a month packed with action!!! And by action I mean holidays aka Rosh Hashanah...
Chocolate Banana Overnight Oats I can’t believe today is the last day of #RGNBreakfastWeek! I had such a fun time creating this for you guys.From the recipe testing, to photographing the food, to writing the emails and sharing with you guys my tips and how breakfast...