Carrot Cake Pancakes
Hey, Friend! Breakfast Week over on Instagram has been so much fun this week!
Have you checked your email yet? It’s Day 5 of #RNGBreakfastWeek and I’m talking all about mindfulness and setting intentions!
I think this has to be my favorite topic yet! One of the most powerful eating habits you can cultivate is awareness. Make sure to check your inbox and read all about it!
Today’s Recipe of the Day is:
Carrot Cake Pancakes!
I’m seriously obsessed with carrot cake and I LOVE pancakes. So you really can’t go wrong with Carrot Cake Pancakes! Who’s with me?
Make a batch and then separate into ziplock bags and store in the freezer. Defrost the night before or in the microwave for an easy and delicious breakfast that will only take 2 minutes to prep.
Carrot Cake Pancakes
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup + 2 tbsps milk of choice
- 1 tbsps apple cider vinegar or distilled white vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup loosely packed grated carrots
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup toasted coconut flakes
- Sour cream or coconut whip
- Chopped walnuts
- Toasted coconut flakes
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients: white whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Stir together milk and vinegar. Set aside for 2 minutes. It will curdle a bit.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, vanilla, egg, oil, and maple syrup.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir just until combined. It’s okay if it has some lumps, you don’t want to overmix it or you will end up with a tough chewy pancake.
- Fold in grated carrots, raisins, and coconut flakes just until dispersed in the batter.
- Heat griddle or pan to medium heat and coat lightly with oil. Pour ¼ cup batter at a time and allow to cook for 1 min or so – until the sides start firm up and the middle gets bubbly.
- Flip pancake and cook additional 30 seconds. Repeat until batter makes 6 to 8 pancakes.
- Top with sour cream or coconut whip cream, walnuts, coconut flakes, and maple syrup and enjoy!
Ready to make peace with food?
Schedule Your Free Mini Nutrition Session!
More on the blog...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify As a parent living in a thin obsessed world, it can be challenging to raise kids who love themselves and their bodies as they are. In this episode, Dana Suchow, an advocate for raising body positive children...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify In this episode, Rachel dives into why striving for a New Year that is all about creating the “new you” is actually what’s holding you back from living the life you deserve, and the mindset you should adopt instead...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify The lines can be blurred when figuring out if someone has an eating disorder or disordered eating. After all, they sound so similar - so what’s the difference and why is that important? Experienced eating...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify Do you have a teen in your life who struggles with their body image or unhealthy eating behaviors? In the episode, school counselor Whitney Fisch, shares with us her experience working with teenagers and how to...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify Rachel provides guidance on how to eat intuitively and eat in ways that best serve you and your body in a season of life that may not feel very intuitive as your body goes through changes that can include changes in...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify Rachel walks you through the steps you need to take to experience holiday meals without food guilt or stress and how to trust yourself to enjoy food in ways that feel good and joyful to you! Rachel’s Resources:...