Carrot Cake Pancakes
Hey, Friend! Breakfast Week over on Instagram has been so much fun this week!
Have you checked your email yet? It’s Day 5 of #RNGBreakfastWeek and I’m talking all about mindfulness and setting intentions!
I think this has to be my favorite topic yet! One of the most powerful eating habits you can cultivate is awareness. Make sure to check your inbox and read all about it!
Today’s Recipe of the Day is:
Carrot Cake Pancakes!
I’m seriously obsessed with carrot cake and I LOVE pancakes. So you really can’t go wrong with Carrot Cake Pancakes! Who’s with me?
Make a batch and then separate into ziplock bags and store in the freezer. Defrost the night before or in the microwave for an easy and delicious breakfast that will only take 2 minutes to prep.
Carrot Cake Pancakes
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup + 2 tbsps milk of choice
- 1 tbsps apple cider vinegar or distilled white vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup loosely packed grated carrots
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup toasted coconut flakes
- Sour cream or coconut whip
- Chopped walnuts
- Toasted coconut flakes
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients: white whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Stir together milk and vinegar. Set aside for 2 minutes. It will curdle a bit.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, vanilla, egg, oil, and maple syrup.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir just until combined. It’s okay if it has some lumps, you don’t want to overmix it or you will end up with a tough chewy pancake.
- Fold in grated carrots, raisins, and coconut flakes just until dispersed in the batter.
- Heat griddle or pan to medium heat and coat lightly with oil. Pour ¼ cup batter at a time and allow to cook for 1 min or so – until the sides start firm up and the middle gets bubbly.
- Flip pancake and cook additional 30 seconds. Repeat until batter makes 6 to 8 pancakes.
- Top with sour cream or coconut whip cream, walnuts, coconut flakes, and maple syrup and enjoy!
Ready to make peace with food?
Schedule Your Free Mini Nutrition Session!
More on the blog...
Mason Jar OmeleteWhip up some eggs, throw in some veggies and make a batch of these ready to-go mason jar omelets for an instant and easy breakfast! Talk about a time saver! Get the recipe below.Ingredients: 6 eggs ½ cup greek yogurt, plain ¾ tsp salt Dash of pepper 1...
No-Bake Cereal BarA 1 bowl recipe the whole family will love! They are so much fun to eat. I love having a bar or 2 with some coffee in the morning. I also enjoy them as a snack sometimes. They are really great for any time of day but they make mornings especially...
Strawberry Baked Oatmeal Listen, I want breakfast to be easy - but also delicious! This recipe is exactly that. Bake it at the start of the week and you have breakfast ready for you for the next 5 days. It’s loaded with fiber for a heart healthy and filling meal. Top...
Jam-filled Coconut Thumbprints About a month ago I collaborated with Stephanie from Nutrition Redefined and shared this recipe on her summit The Healthy Happy Mom Summit. If you haven’t yet check it out, you should! Inside you’ll find 30 guests speakers, 5 workout...
Fluffiest Vegan Pancakes I'm not a vegan. But I've taken an interest in vegan recipes ever since I found out my 2 year old is allergic to eggs, in addition to cashews, pistachios and sesame. As a dietitian, part of my training was learning about allergies and special...
Strawberry Cheesecake Creamsicles If you ask me what my favorite dessert is I'd say without thinking twice - cheesecake! With ice cream as a close second. So you can understand why I’m currently obsessing over these crazy creamy Strawberry Cheesecake Creamsicles! I...