Fudgy Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies. Doesn’t the name just make you drool? I don’t know a single soul who doesn’t like brownies. Not one!
Even my husband, who is not a sweets kinda guy (somehow we still get along!) will rarely turn down a brownie.
I know different variations of health-conscious brownie recipes using black beans or sweet potatoes have been trending on the web for quite some time. While I’ve tried various recipes which came out good, none came out as fudgy or as chocolatey as I wanted.
So I tested out my own recipe for a brownie that is decadent but still delivers heart-healthy fats and a punch of protein.
How? By using… hazelnuts and chickpeas!!
But you would never ever know! Give them a try and you’ll see for yourself… All you need are the ingredients, a food processor, and a brownie pan. No baking required.
Because I like to keep it simple, nutritious, and delicious!
No-Bake Fudgy Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts
- 3 oz. 72% dark chocolate
- 1 16 oz can chickpeas
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened (I like hershey’s)
- ⅓ cup + 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Chopped hazelnuts, for topping
- In a food processor place hazelnuts and dark chocolate. Blend until its smooth – about 3 minutes. No need to melt the chocolate before as the heat from the processing will melt it.
- Drain the liquid from the chickpea can and rinse chickpeas with water. Drain well. Add the chickpeas in to the food processor along with the cocoa powder, maple syrup, salt and vanilla.
- Blend until smooth. About 3-5 minutes.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread mixture evenly into an 8×8 baking pan that is lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts.
- Freeze for at least 1.5 hours (it will be too soft otherwise).
- Slice into 16 square and enjoy!
Notes: Store brownies in the freezer. If you keep them in the freezer overnight allow the brownies to defrost 10 minutes before eating for optimal taste and texture.
More on the blog...
Ep 108 Where Your Food Noise & Inner Body Bully comes from and How to Find Healing Within Yourself with Robin Gutman LSCW
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify Living with an inner critic in your mind that relentlessly makes you feel bad about your body.. That tells you how ‘bad’ you are for eating a slice of cake… That convinces you that you're weak, a failure, and not...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify In this episode Rachel covers: The difference between eating with freedom and eating with intuition (and why the 2 get confused) When food freedom can turn into impulsive eating and red flags to look out for...
Yom Kippur (the holiest day in the Jewish year, which is also a fast day) is coming up next week! Fasting used to bring with it so much food stress and chaos before and after the fast (restriction can do that to ya!) Today, my preparations for the fast and how I...
How to know if you’re eating intuitively or impulsively – know the difference and learn how to stop impulsive eating
“Intuitive Eating doesn’t work for me, I just eat all the things and it doesn’t feel good.” Have you been feeling this way or have heard someone say this when you share the Intuitive Eating approach with them? Then brace yourself for a lightbulb moment: You’re...
Have you ever said about your body "I feel fat"? But not in a loving way. In a mean, disgusted, and maybe defeated way? It's time to get to the root of your bad body image thoughts. Maybe it was that moment where you ate too much chocolate and groaned, “ugh! I feel...