Fudgy Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies. Doesn’t the name just make you drool? I don’t know a single soul who doesn’t like brownies. Not one!
Even my husband, who is not a sweets kinda guy (somehow we still get along!) will rarely turn down a brownie.
I know different variations of health-conscious brownie recipes using black beans or sweet potatoes have been trending on the web for quite some time. While I’ve tried various recipes which came out good, none came out as fudgy or as chocolatey as I wanted.
So I tested out my own recipe for a brownie that is decadent but still delivers heart-healthy fats and a punch of protein.
How? By using… hazelnuts and chickpeas!!
But you would never ever know! Give them a try and you’ll see for yourself… All you need are the ingredients, a food processor, and a brownie pan. No baking required.
Because I like to keep it simple, nutritious, and delicious!
No-Bake Fudgy Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts
- 3 oz. 72% dark chocolate
- 1 16 oz can chickpeas
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened (I like hershey’s)
- ⅓ cup + 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Chopped hazelnuts, for topping
- In a food processor place hazelnuts and dark chocolate. Blend until its smooth – about 3 minutes. No need to melt the chocolate before as the heat from the processing will melt it.
- Drain the liquid from the chickpea can and rinse chickpeas with water. Drain well. Add the chickpeas in to the food processor along with the cocoa powder, maple syrup, salt and vanilla.
- Blend until smooth. About 3-5 minutes.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread mixture evenly into an 8×8 baking pan that is lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts.
- Freeze for at least 1.5 hours (it will be too soft otherwise).
- Slice into 16 square and enjoy!
Notes: Store brownies in the freezer. If you keep them in the freezer overnight allow the brownies to defrost 10 minutes before eating for optimal taste and texture.
More on the blog...
Strawberry Cheesecake Creamsicles If you ask me what my favorite dessert is I'd say without thinking twice - cheesecake! With ice cream as a close second. So you can understand why I’m currently obsessing over these crazy creamy Strawberry Cheesecake Creamsicles! I...
You may not think a Dietitian would talk to you at length about your sleeping habits. After all, you came to figure out how to best eat for optimal health. What does sleep have to do with it? A lot. How you live your life beyond the food will affect your food...
I’ve had people tell me they gave Intuitive Eating a try, only to report that it didn’t work for them. They’ll say, “I tried Intuitive Eating but it just made me feel more out of control. I can’t just have whatever I want because I’ll eat cake, cookies, and chocolate...
Pina Colada Chia Pudding Remember like 3 years ago, when Chia Pudding was super trendy? Well, in case you haven’t noticed, I’m not super into trends. So this Chia Pudding is still happening around here. I mean, as far as I’m concerned, there is no expiration date on a...
“Honor Your Hunger” and “Respect Your Fullness” are two prominent pillars of Intuitive Eating . They teach you how to get in touch with your hunger and fullness cues so that you can begin to trust your body to tell you when and how much to eat rather than depend on...