Fudgy Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies. Doesn’t the name just make you drool? I don’t know a single soul who doesn’t like brownies. Not one!
Even my husband, who is not a sweets kinda guy (somehow we still get along!) will rarely turn down a brownie.
I know different variations of health-conscious brownie recipes using black beans or sweet potatoes have been trending on the web for quite some time. While I’ve tried various recipes which came out good, none came out as fudgy or as chocolatey as I wanted.
So I tested out my own recipe for a brownie that is decadent but still delivers heart-healthy fats and a punch of protein.
How? By using… hazelnuts and chickpeas!!
But you would never ever know! Give them a try and you’ll see for yourself… All you need are the ingredients, a food processor, and a brownie pan. No baking required.
Because I like to keep it simple, nutritious, and delicious!
No-Bake Fudgy Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts
- 3 oz. 72% dark chocolate
- 1 16 oz can chickpeas
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened (I like hershey’s)
- ⅓ cup + 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Chopped hazelnuts, for topping
- In a food processor place hazelnuts and dark chocolate. Blend until its smooth – about 3 minutes. No need to melt the chocolate before as the heat from the processing will melt it.
- Drain the liquid from the chickpea can and rinse chickpeas with water. Drain well. Add the chickpeas in to the food processor along with the cocoa powder, maple syrup, salt and vanilla.
- Blend until smooth. About 3-5 minutes.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread mixture evenly into an 8×8 baking pan that is lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts.
- Freeze for at least 1.5 hours (it will be too soft otherwise).
- Slice into 16 square and enjoy!
Notes: Store brownies in the freezer. If you keep them in the freezer overnight allow the brownies to defrost 10 minutes before eating for optimal taste and texture.
More on the blog...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify In this episode, Rachel walks you through how to confidently identify and honor your hunger cues and what to do if you don’t feel hunger or just want to eat but aren’t hungry. Rachel’s Resources: Follow Rachel on...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify In this episode, Rachel addresses concerns related to eating intuitively while in quarantine during this crazy COVID-19 times - including stress eating, boredom eating, food scarcity mindset and fears, food...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify Have you lost your period or know someone that has? In today’ episode, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Amy Giannotti, shares with us her personal journey of how she got her period back after 7 years of no period,...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify If it feels like all everyone around you can talk about is their latest diet and weight loss attempt which triggers you or its holding you back from making progress toward food freedom and body acceptance -...
Ep 41 How to Talk to Your Kids About Nutrition and End Food Battles with Jennifer Anderson, MSPH RDN
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify Is your child obsessed with sugar? Or perhaps they won’t touch a single vegetable? In this episode, Registered Dietitian Jennifer Anderson, shares her expertise and tips on how to talk to your child about...