Fudgy Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies. Doesn’t the name just make you drool? I don’t know a single soul who doesn’t like brownies. Not one!
Even my husband, who is not a sweets kinda guy (somehow we still get along!) will rarely turn down a brownie.
I know different variations of health-conscious brownie recipes using black beans or sweet potatoes have been trending on the web for quite some time. While I’ve tried various recipes which came out good, none came out as fudgy or as chocolatey as I wanted.
So I tested out my own recipe for a brownie that is decadent but still delivers heart-healthy fats and a punch of protein.
How? By using… hazelnuts and chickpeas!!
But you would never ever know! Give them a try and you’ll see for yourself… All you need are the ingredients, a food processor, and a brownie pan. No baking required.
Because I like to keep it simple, nutritious, and delicious!
No-Bake Fudgy Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts
- 3 oz. 72% dark chocolate
- 1 16 oz can chickpeas
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened (I like hershey’s)
- ⅓ cup + 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Chopped hazelnuts, for topping
- In a food processor place hazelnuts and dark chocolate. Blend until its smooth – about 3 minutes. No need to melt the chocolate before as the heat from the processing will melt it.
- Drain the liquid from the chickpea can and rinse chickpeas with water. Drain well. Add the chickpeas in to the food processor along with the cocoa powder, maple syrup, salt and vanilla.
- Blend until smooth. About 3-5 minutes.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread mixture evenly into an 8×8 baking pan that is lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts.
- Freeze for at least 1.5 hours (it will be too soft otherwise).
- Slice into 16 square and enjoy!
Notes: Store brownies in the freezer. If you keep them in the freezer overnight allow the brownies to defrost 10 minutes before eating for optimal taste and texture.
More on the blog...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify Do you struggle with Binge Eating? In this episode, Rachel guides you through the 4 things that are keeping you stuck in the binge eating cycle, and the 4 things you’ll want to start doing instead to break free of...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify NASM certified Personal Trainer, Julie Newbry, shares with us her story of how she overcame her eating disorder and created a career in fitness to help women feel their best without hating their body size. In...
Ep 36 How to Spot Inaccurate Nutrition Advice & Why Netflix Documentaries Can Be Misleading with Melissa Eaton
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify With all the conflicting nutrition information you see on the internet, social media, and netflix documentaries i’ts no wonder so many are confused as to what balanced healthy eating should be. In this episode,...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify Do you want to live a life of food freedom but want to have weight loss as a goal at the same time? In this episode Rachel discusses the relationship between set weight point, weight loss (or lack thereof), and...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify Registered Dietitian, Bonnie Roney, shares with us how shifting from a weight focus approach to a food freedom approach has benefited the life & health of her clients as well as her own - and how leaving diets...