Fudgy Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies. Doesn’t the name just make you drool? I don’t know a single soul who doesn’t like brownies. Not one!
Even my husband, who is not a sweets kinda guy (somehow we still get along!) will rarely turn down a brownie.
I know different variations of health-conscious brownie recipes using black beans or sweet potatoes have been trending on the web for quite some time. While I’ve tried various recipes which came out good, none came out as fudgy or as chocolatey as I wanted.
So I tested out my own recipe for a brownie that is decadent but still delivers heart-healthy fats and a punch of protein.
How? By using… hazelnuts and chickpeas!!
But you would never ever know! Give them a try and you’ll see for yourself… All you need are the ingredients, a food processor, and a brownie pan. No baking required.
Because I like to keep it simple, nutritious, and delicious!
No-Bake Fudgy Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts
- 3 oz. 72% dark chocolate
- 1 16 oz can chickpeas
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened (I like hershey’s)
- ⅓ cup + 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Chopped hazelnuts, for topping
- In a food processor place hazelnuts and dark chocolate. Blend until its smooth – about 3 minutes. No need to melt the chocolate before as the heat from the processing will melt it.
- Drain the liquid from the chickpea can and rinse chickpeas with water. Drain well. Add the chickpeas in to the food processor along with the cocoa powder, maple syrup, salt and vanilla.
- Blend until smooth. About 3-5 minutes.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread mixture evenly into an 8×8 baking pan that is lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts.
- Freeze for at least 1.5 hours (it will be too soft otherwise).
- Slice into 16 square and enjoy!
Notes: Store brownies in the freezer. If you keep them in the freezer overnight allow the brownies to defrost 10 minutes before eating for optimal taste and texture.
More on the blog...
Healthy Cheesecake Parfaits A cheesecake parfait that amps up the protein, fiber, and antioxidants without compromising flavor and texture for a satisfying bite. Enjoy as a Shavuot dessert or any time of year, really! Ingredients: Granola layer: ½ cup pistachios ½ cup...
Apple Pie Cups I LOVE this time year. Not only does the weather get nice and breezy and the anticipation for boots, and scarves, and pumpkin, and all that is cozy is in the air - it’s also a month packed with action!!! And by action I mean holidays aka Rosh Hashanah...
Chocolate Banana Overnight Oats I can’t believe today is the last day of #RGNBreakfastWeek! I had such a fun time creating this for you guys. If you missed out on Breakfast Week - you can still get in on the action! Get my Recipe E-book: "Breakfast with Intention", ...
Carrot Cake Pancakes Hey, Friend! Breakfast Week over on Instagram has been so much fun this week! Have you checked your email yet? It’s Day 5 of #RNGBreakfastWeek and I’m talking all about mindfulness and setting intentions! I think this has to be my favorite topic...
Cherry Breakfast Smoothie Want breakfast to be DOABLE? Do you want your mornings to be mindful, intentional and energizing - without all the stress? Get the Breakfast with Intention Recipe eBook which includes 7 delicious recipes, plus all my breakfast tips and how it...