Fudgy Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies. Doesn’t the name just make you drool? I don’t know a single soul who doesn’t like brownies. Not one!
Even my husband, who is not a sweets kinda guy (somehow we still get along!) will rarely turn down a brownie.
I know different variations of health-conscious brownie recipes using black beans or sweet potatoes have been trending on the web for quite some time. While I’ve tried various recipes which came out good, none came out as fudgy or as chocolatey as I wanted.
So I tested out my own recipe for a brownie that is decadent but still delivers heart-healthy fats and a punch of protein.
How? By using… hazelnuts and chickpeas!!
But you would never ever know! Give them a try and you’ll see for yourself… All you need are the ingredients, a food processor, and a brownie pan. No baking required.
Because I like to keep it simple, nutritious, and delicious!
No-Bake Fudgy Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts
- 3 oz. 72% dark chocolate
- 1 16 oz can chickpeas
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened (I like hershey’s)
- ⅓ cup + 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Chopped hazelnuts, for topping
- In a food processor place hazelnuts and dark chocolate. Blend until its smooth – about 3 minutes. No need to melt the chocolate before as the heat from the processing will melt it.
- Drain the liquid from the chickpea can and rinse chickpeas with water. Drain well. Add the chickpeas in to the food processor along with the cocoa powder, maple syrup, salt and vanilla.
- Blend until smooth. About 3-5 minutes.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread mixture evenly into an 8×8 baking pan that is lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts.
- Freeze for at least 1.5 hours (it will be too soft otherwise).
- Slice into 16 square and enjoy!
Notes: Store brownies in the freezer. If you keep them in the freezer overnight allow the brownies to defrost 10 minutes before eating for optimal taste and texture.
More on the blog...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups Fate brought chocolate and peanut butter together. I mean, is there a more perfect pair than these two? Rhetorical question. Because we all know the answer is YES! These bite-sized chocolate peanut butter cups are decadent, delicious, and...
What is Intuitive Eating? We are all born intuitive eaters, meaning we are all born with the innate ability to know what to eat and how much. Think about it. When babies are hungry they signal their need to eat by crying. They are then calm until they need to eat...
Chunky Pea Pesto Dip + Pita Chips Who's excited for Super Bowl Sunday?!!! Okay, confession - I’m not a big Super Bowl Sunday person. *gasp*, I know! It seems like the whole world is on it. But the only time I have ever properly watched the Super Bowl from beginning to...
Dried Fruit Compote Topping I’ve been putting this dried fruit compote topping on everything this past week. Yogurt, oatmeal, pancakes… It adds all the sweetness you need + all the flavor. Dried fruit seem to have gotten a bad rep. I’ve heard on more than one occasion...
Lemon Almond Oat Pancakes I’ve kind of become obsessed with almond flour lately. Like, really obsessed. I put it in everything! Its especially the best ingredient for nutritious desserts - just check out my peanut butter balls recipe, raw brownie cookie dough, or...