Fudgy Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies. Doesn’t the name just make you drool? I don’t know a single soul who doesn’t like brownies. Not one!
Even my husband, who is not a sweets kinda guy (somehow we still get along!) will rarely turn down a brownie.
I know different variations of health-conscious brownie recipes using black beans or sweet potatoes have been trending on the web for quite some time. While I’ve tried various recipes which came out good, none came out as fudgy or as chocolatey as I wanted.
So I tested out my own recipe for a brownie that is decadent but still delivers heart-healthy fats and a punch of protein.
How? By using… hazelnuts and chickpeas!!
But you would never ever know! Give them a try and you’ll see for yourself… All you need are the ingredients, a food processor, and a brownie pan. No baking required.
Because I like to keep it simple, nutritious, and delicious!
No-Bake Fudgy Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts
- 3 oz. 72% dark chocolate
- 1 16 oz can chickpeas
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened (I like hershey’s)
- ⅓ cup + 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Chopped hazelnuts, for topping
- In a food processor place hazelnuts and dark chocolate. Blend until its smooth – about 3 minutes. No need to melt the chocolate before as the heat from the processing will melt it.
- Drain the liquid from the chickpea can and rinse chickpeas with water. Drain well. Add the chickpeas in to the food processor along with the cocoa powder, maple syrup, salt and vanilla.
- Blend until smooth. About 3-5 minutes.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread mixture evenly into an 8×8 baking pan that is lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts.
- Freeze for at least 1.5 hours (it will be too soft otherwise).
- Slice into 16 square and enjoy!
Notes: Store brownies in the freezer. If you keep them in the freezer overnight allow the brownies to defrost 10 minutes before eating for optimal taste and texture.
More on the blog...
No-Bake Cereal Bars It’s day 2 of #RGNBreakfastWeek and today’s topic is: What do I do if I wake up without an appetite? Make sure to check your inbox to find out! If you haven’t yet signed up to join this fun and delicious week dedicated to breakfast - you can still...
Strawberry Baked Oatmeal #RGNBreakfastWeek is officially off to a start! In today’s email I discussed WHY breakfast is so important and how it helps you stay in touch with hunger and fullness cues. Taking action on a behavior is much easier when you understand why...
Jam-filled Coconut Thumbprints About a month ago I collaborated with Stephanie from Nutrition Redefined and shared this recipe on her summit The Healthy Happy Mom Summit. If you haven’t yet check it out, you should! Inside you’ll find 30 guests speakers, 5 workout...
Fluffiest Vegan Pancakes I'm not a vegan. But I've taken an interest in vegan recipes ever since I found out my 2 year old is allergic to eggs, in addition to cashews, pistachios and sesame. As a dietitian, part of my training was learning about allergies and special...
Strawberry Cheesecake Creamsicles If you ask me what my favorite dessert is I'd say without thinking twice - cheesecake! With ice cream as a close second. So you can understand why I’m currently obsessing over these crazy creamy Strawberry Cheesecake Creamsicles! I...