Chunky Pea Pesto Dip + Pita Chips
Who’s excited for Super Bowl Sunday?!!!
Okay, confession – I’m not a big Super Bowl Sunday person. *gasp*, I know!
It seems like the whole world is on it. But the only time I have ever properly watched the Super Bowl from beginning to end was when the Giants were playing (woohoo, go NY!!) and my friends decided to make a thing out of it.
All other years I just made sure to catch the half-time show. That’s really what most of us are waiting for anyway – admit it!
Either way, I do know enough about Super Bowl parties to know that it’s all about the finger foods and DIPS!! So I got ya covered!
This fresh and nutritious dip is what you’ll want to dunk your veggies, cracker, tortilla chips, or my personal favorite – pita chips.
I added some peas for a boost of protein. You can barely tastes the peas and it adds a nice chunk to the dip. It will definitely be a crowd pleaser, so make sure to put it on your menu!
Chunky Pea Pesto Dip + Pita Chips
- ¾ cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 packed cups fresh basil leaves (about 1 big basil bunch)
- ½ cup raw cashews (or nut of your choice)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 crushed garlic cubes (comes frozen)
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Juice of half a lemon
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend until it comes together. About 1 minutes. You don’t want to blend it too much, you want it to stay a bit chunky.
- Transfer to bowl and stores in fridge while you make the pita chips.
- 4 four-inch pitas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Split each pita pocket in half (you should end up with 2 circles for each pita).
- Cut into triangles.
- Place on lined baking sheet and coat with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Make sure to watch them so they don’t burn. They should be crunchy once they are ready.
- Serve with Chunky Pea Pesto Dip and enjoy!
More on the blog...
Healthy Cheesecake Parfaits A cheesecake parfait that amps up the protein, fiber, and antioxidants without compromising flavor and texture for a satisfying bite. Enjoy as a Shavuot dessert or any time of year, really! Ingredients: Granola layer: ½ cup pistachios ½ cup...
Apple Pie Cups I LOVE this time year. Not only does the weather get nice and breezy and the anticipation for boots, and scarves, and pumpkin, and all that is cozy is in the air - it’s also a month packed with action!!! And by action I mean holidays aka Rosh Hashanah...
Chocolate Banana Overnight Oats I can’t believe today is the last day of #RGNBreakfastWeek! I had such a fun time creating this for you guys. If you missed out on Breakfast Week - you can still get in on the action! Get my Recipe E-book: "Breakfast with Intention", ...
Carrot Cake Pancakes Hey, Friend! Breakfast Week over on Instagram has been so much fun this week! Have you checked your email yet? It’s Day 5 of #RNGBreakfastWeek and I’m talking all about mindfulness and setting intentions! I think this has to be my favorite topic...
Cherry Breakfast Smoothie Want breakfast to be DOABLE? Do you want your mornings to be mindful, intentional and energizing - without all the stress? Get the Breakfast with Intention Recipe eBook which includes 7 delicious recipes, plus all my breakfast tips and how it...
Mason Jar Omelete Want breakfast to be DOABLE? Do you want your mornings to be mindful, intentional and energizing - without all the stress? Get the Breakfast with Intention Recipe eBook which includes 7 delicious recipes, plus all my breakfast tips and how it can...