Chunky Pea Pesto Dip + Pita Chips
Who’s excited for Super Bowl Sunday?!!!
Okay, confession – I’m not a big Super Bowl Sunday person. *gasp*, I know!
It seems like the whole world is on it. But the only time I have ever properly watched the Super Bowl from beginning to end was when the Giants were playing (woohoo, go NY!!) and my friends decided to make a thing out of it.
All other years I just made sure to catch the half-time show. That’s really what most of us are waiting for anyway – admit it!
Either way, I do know enough about Super Bowl parties to know that it’s all about the finger foods and DIPS!! So I got ya covered!
This fresh and nutritious dip is what you’ll want to dunk your veggies, cracker, tortilla chips, or my personal favorite – pita chips.
I added some peas for a boost of protein. You can barely tastes the peas and it adds a nice chunk to the dip. It will definitely be a crowd pleaser, so make sure to put it on your menu!
Chunky Pea Pesto Dip + Pita Chips
- ¾ cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 packed cups fresh basil leaves (about 1 big basil bunch)
- ½ cup raw cashews (or nut of your choice)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 crushed garlic cubes (comes frozen)
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Juice of half a lemon
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend until it comes together. About 1 minutes. You don’t want to blend it too much, you want it to stay a bit chunky.
- Transfer to bowl and stores in fridge while you make the pita chips.
- 4 four-inch pitas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Split each pita pocket in half (you should end up with 2 circles for each pita).
- Cut into triangles.
- Place on lined baking sheet and coat with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Make sure to watch them so they don’t burn. They should be crunchy once they are ready.
- Serve with Chunky Pea Pesto Dip and enjoy!
More on the blog...
Ep 108 Where Your Food Noise & Inner Body Bully comes from and How to Find Healing Within Yourself with Robin Gutman LSCW
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify Living with an inner critic in your mind that relentlessly makes you feel bad about your body.. That tells you how ‘bad’ you are for eating a slice of cake… That convinces you that you're weak, a failure, and not...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify In this episode Rachel covers: The difference between eating with freedom and eating with intuition (and why the 2 get confused) When food freedom can turn into impulsive eating and red flags to look out for...
Yom Kippur (the holiest day in the Jewish year, which is also a fast day) is coming up next week! Fasting used to bring with it so much food stress and chaos before and after the fast (restriction can do that to ya!) Today, my preparations for the fast and how I...
How to know if you’re eating intuitively or impulsively – know the difference and learn how to stop impulsive eating
“Intuitive Eating doesn’t work for me, I just eat all the things and it doesn’t feel good.” Have you been feeling this way or have heard someone say this when you share the Intuitive Eating approach with them? Then brace yourself for a lightbulb moment: You’re...
Have you ever said about your body "I feel fat"? But not in a loving way. In a mean, disgusted, and maybe defeated way? It's time to get to the root of your bad body image thoughts. Maybe it was that moment where you ate too much chocolate and groaned, “ugh! I feel...
Ep 106 3 Things I’d do differently if I were starting my business from scratch – this will accelerate YOUR success
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify The sooner you focus on the RIGHT things to build your business and work with dream clients, the sooner you’ll achieve that goal and live out your vision of success. Looking back, when I began my entrepreneur...