I know that this time of year can be so triggering to so many people with how they feel about their bodies. When it comes to the holiday season, the foods, the people, the advertisements, and the diet culture marketing can be overwhelming and make you feel bad about your body (and it’s totally understandable).
If this is you and you’re feeling kind of mediocre in your body, this is the episode for you. In today’s episode, I discuss the difference between feeling bad in your body and about your body because that is so key to really helping address the core struggle that is happening here during this time of the year. When we get to the core of this feeling, we learn to not use a scapegoating method of coping and actually practice solutions that don’t self-sabotage our own mental and physical well-being.
In this episode, we cover:
- [2:39] What does feeling bad IN your body versus feeling bad ABOUT your body look like?
- [6:19] What changes you can implement in your life to get to the core of why you’re feeling bad in your body
- [12:06] Hormones and other external factors can impact how we feel about our body size and what you can actually do about it
- [17:22] When you feel bad about your body size, rather than tear apart your body image, I share what you should focus on instead
- [24:05] The importance of separating how you feel about your body and how you feel in your body to the actual external circumstances that triggered it
- Follow Rachel on Instagram
- Apply for 1:1 Coaching with Rachel here
- Get Rachel’s free guide, 3 Steps to Stop Feeling Out of Control With Food
- Listen to Episode 67 with Dr. Jordan
- Contact Rachel: firstname.lastname@example.org