For most, diet culture is introduced into our lives way too young. And we need to spend so much time undoing that damage as adults.
An effective, and often unexplored and underrated way of healing your body image struggles begins with inner child work and healing it at the source.
I couldn’t think of a better person to help navigate this conversation with than mindset coach, Jennifer Diaz.
Jen Diaz is a mindset and success coach for ambitious female entrepreneurs who fully believes that when women are in alignment with their worth and boldly pursue their dreams, incredible things can happen.
Together, we discuss what inner child work really is all while uncovering some of the most common misconceptions about it. Jen also shares the relationship between our triggers, inner child, and subconscious mind and how we can take accountability for those pieces during our inner child healing work.
We also discuss how it can help you heal your body image, what the next steps are once you recognize the issues, and why re-parenting yourself is ultimately reprogramming your behaviors and thought patterns for a healthier and happier way of life.
This is an incredibly eye-opening episode all about doing the difficult work and the benefits that come from inner child healing.
In this episode, we cover:
- [3:14] How Jen started helping her clients with inner child work and healing
- [13:20] Why you can’t grow when you’re oppressing yourself
- [17:40] What does “inner child” mean and some of the common misconceptions about inner child work
- [28:21] The relationship between the triggers, inner child, and the subconscious mind
- [26:13] Where accountability comes in when it comes to our triggers and inner child healing work
- [38:12] How inner child work can help you with healing your body image
- [44:03] The next steps in healing and how you use inner child work to move forward
- [47:38] Why re-parenting is re-programming
- [52:22] How to get in touch with your inner child to become your best self
- Follow Rachel on Instagram
- Are you a Food Freedom Professional seeking to boost her coaching confidence with clients using the Intuitive Eating approach? Learn more about the Food Freedom for Professionals Mentorship Program
- Get Rachel’s free guide, 3 Steps to Stop Feeling Out of Control With Food
- Want to share your thoughts or feedback on this episode? Contact Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org