Summer is here. No exclamation there. I am not a fan of summer. Now before you call me crazy understand that I live in Brooklyn. Summer here is just a muggy sweaty mess. While I appreciate the extra sun and the days at the park I prefer the cool coziness of fall or winter any day. Who’s with me? I know it’s not just me and you cold weather lovers are out there!
BUT there is one thing about summer that I love. Popsicles!
Every summer I look forward to the million of popsicles I’ll be making. I love experimenting and having my kids be my taste testers. I’m especially enthusiastic about popsicles because it’s so easy to make them nutrient dense with combinations of fruit, yogurt, nut butter, and coconut milk… and all the while you feel like you are having a treat. I sometimes even give one to my kids for breakfast on those chaotic mornings we are all rushing out the door… that’s how good I feel about them.
Now if you guys know me you know all about my peanut butter obsession (not a bad obsession to have by the way). I love peanut butter in Every. Single. Thing! That’s because it is first and foremost delicious. It helps that it’s loaded with healthy fats that promote heart health, can help decrease low-grade inflammation, and assist in weight management. Just 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter provides 3 grams of fiber and a whopping 8 grams of protein! Not to mention it’s rich nutrient content of vitamin E, magnesium, potassium, and vitamin B6. Can you understand my obsession now? So of course, I had to put it in popsicle form.
These popsicle are super creamy and are just what you need to cool you off in the summer heat. They make a great high-protein snack and your kids will gobble them up. Start summer off with a bang with these Peanut Butter Popsicles!
Peanut Butter Popsicles
- 12 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 6 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 5 – 7 tablespoons maple syrup (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 ounces 72% chocolate, melted (for drizzling)
- Roasted peanuts, chopped (for topping)
- Optional: chocolate chips or additional natural peanut butter
- In a blender place yogurt, peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth and well combined.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds. (optional: mix in some chocolate chips or swirl in some extra peanut butter with a popsicle stick). Place popsicle sticks in the center of each mold.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Remove from freezer. Thaw for 5 minutes. In the meantime line a baking sheet with parchment paper and make sure there is room in the freezer for the baking sheet.
- You have to work fast for this part so that the popsicle doesn’t melt: Swiftly dip the popsicle into the melted chocolate and transfer to lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle chopped peanuts on top right away – don’t wait too long to put chopped peanuts because the chocolate will harden quickly.
- You can also make an easier version by just drizzling some chocolate on each popsicle and call it a day. Although I highly recommend the previous version for extra peanut flavor and crunch.
- Store popsicles that are ready in the freezer while you work on the rest of the popsicles, placing each popsicle in the freezer as you go along.
- Freeze for 30 minutes and enjoy!
Are you an Emotional Eater?
Learn why you may be over eating and what you can do about with my guide:
3 Steps to Overcome Emotional Eating!
More on the blog...
Healthy Cheesecake Parfaits A cheesecake parfait that amps up the protein, fiber, and antioxidants without compromising flavor and texture for a satisfying bite. Enjoy as a Shavuot dessert or any time of year, really! Ingredients: Granola layer: ½ cup pistachios ½ cup...
Apple Pie Cups I LOVE this time year. Not only does the weather get nice and breezy and the anticipation for boots, and scarves, and pumpkin, and all that is cozy is in the air - it’s also a month packed with action!!! And by action I mean holidays aka Rosh Hashanah...
Chocolate Banana Overnight Oats I can’t believe today is the last day of #RGNBreakfastWeek! I had such a fun time creating this for you guys. If you missed out on Breakfast Week - you can still get in on the action! Get my Recipe E-book: "Breakfast with Intention", ...
Carrot Cake Pancakes Hey, Friend! Breakfast Week over on Instagram has been so much fun this week! Have you checked your email yet? It’s Day 5 of #RNGBreakfastWeek and I’m talking all about mindfulness and setting intentions! I think this has to be my favorite topic...
Cherry Breakfast Smoothie Want breakfast to be DOABLE? Do you want your mornings to be mindful, intentional and energizing - without all the stress? Get the Breakfast with Intention Recipe eBook which includes 7 delicious recipes, plus all my breakfast tips and how it...
Mason Jar Omelete Want breakfast to be DOABLE? Do you want your mornings to be mindful, intentional and energizing - without all the stress? Get the Breakfast with Intention Recipe eBook which includes 7 delicious recipes, plus all my breakfast tips and how it can...