Sesame Carrot & Chicken Stir Fry
I’m always trying to find ways to sneak in veggies. Yes, I said sneak. Because sometimes getting all your daily vegetables in can be challenging. So incorporating them into dishes you love can make it that much easier.
I do this by adding spinach to my scrambled eggs, tossing roasted veggies with some grains, or making a nice big stir fry – like this one!
I replaced the pasta I would usually put with carrots for an extra boost of nutrients and fiber.
Most of us know that carrots are loaded with beta carotene. But here is a fun fact – did you know that your body is able to absorb more of the beta-carotene when you cook carrots?? Cool, right? At least I thought so, then again I’m kind of a nutrition nerd.
Point is, raw veggies are not the only way to go!
This stir fry is especially great for diabetics as the carrots replace the pasta and help to lower the overall carb content. One serving has just 25 grams of carbs, 21 grams of protein and 21 grams fat (healthy fats!!). This recipe makes 4 servings. It really packs in all that nutrition goodness and keeps you satisfied!
Give it a try! Once you do I would love to know how you enjoyed it in the comments below, or you can let me know on instagram – that’s also where I share some behind the scenes and additional motivation for a healthy and happy life, so if you don’t yet follow you can hang out with me on instagram here!
Also!! Excited to introduce to you my first collaboration with Kettle & Cord in order to bring you a delicious food video that shows you exactly how to make this Stir-Fry! I had such a great time working on this for you and I hope you enjoy it!
Sesame Carrot & Chicken Stir-Fry
- 4 heaping cups spiralized carrots (about 4 to 5 large carrots)
- 16 ounce bag frozen broccoli florets, chopped and squeeze excess water
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 tbsp canola or avocado oil
- 2 cubes frozen garlic
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsps cornstarch
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- Optional: 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Toasted sesame for garnish
- Season cubed chicken cutlets with a sprinkle of salt and pepper and toss. Cook in a wide pan on medium heat for about 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add spiralized carrots and crushed garlic to the pan (keep on medium heat). Toss and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped broccoli to pan. Toss and sauté 2 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the olive oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil and salt. Pour mixture over the carrots and broccoli.
- Sauté broccoli and carrots with the soy sauce mixture, occasionally tossing, for 8 minutes (until carrots begin to soften).
- Add the chicken and toss.
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch and cold water until cornstarch fully dissolves. Pour over stir fry and toss until the remaining liquid thickens.
- Pour the honey and red pepper flakes (optional) over the stir fry and toss until well combined.
- Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with toasted sesame seeds, and enjoy!
Makes 4 servings.
More on the blog...
Healthy Cheesecake Parfaits A cheesecake parfait that amps up the protein, fiber, and antioxidants without compromising flavor and texture for a satisfying bite. Enjoy as a Shavuot dessert or any time of year, really! Ingredients: Granola layer: ½ cup pistachios ½ cup...
Apple Pie Cups I LOVE this time year. Not only does the weather get nice and breezy and the anticipation for boots, and scarves, and pumpkin, and all that is cozy is in the air - it’s also a month packed with action!!! And by action I mean holidays aka Rosh Hashanah...
Chocolate Banana Overnight Oats I can’t believe today is the last day of #RGNBreakfastWeek! I had such a fun time creating this for you guys. If you missed out on Breakfast Week - you can still get in on the action! Get my Recipe E-book: "Breakfast with Intention", ...
Carrot Cake Pancakes Hey, Friend! Breakfast Week over on Instagram has been so much fun this week! Have you checked your email yet? It’s Day 5 of #RNGBreakfastWeek and I’m talking all about mindfulness and setting intentions! I think this has to be my favorite topic...
Cherry Breakfast Smoothie Want breakfast to be DOABLE? Do you want your mornings to be mindful, intentional and energizing - without all the stress? Get the Breakfast with Intention Recipe eBook which includes 7 delicious recipes, plus all my breakfast tips and how it...
Mason Jar Omelete Want breakfast to be DOABLE? Do you want your mornings to be mindful, intentional and energizing - without all the stress? Get the Breakfast with Intention Recipe eBook which includes 7 delicious recipes, plus all my breakfast tips and how it can...