These shortbread caramel bars are absolutely divine and make for a decadent snack or dessert. It doesn’t hurt that they also look amazing! They are a definite crowd pleaser, too. So if you want to impress your guests, make these bars and let the compliments roll in!
Shortbread Caramel Bars
- 2 and 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 medjool dates
- ¼ cup and 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- Half cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- In a bowl mix together almond flour, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, salt, and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper. Press crust evenly into pan. Bake 12 minutes until golden brown. Set aside to cool completely (put in freezer to speed the process).
- Soak pitted medjool dates in hot water for 3 minutes. Drain water and place dates, almond milk, salt, and vanilla extract into food processor and blend till smooth. You might need to pause a few times to scrape down the sides. Pour date mixture into a bowl and stir in the almond butter until smooth and well blended.
- Pour over crust and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Prepare chocolate topping by melting chocolate and oil together. Pour a thin layer onto caramel layer. Freeze for at least 1 more hour. Slice and enjoy!
Break free of food rules, dieting, binging, and guilt so you can finally LIVE FREE by joining my self-paced online course, Living Free!
More on the blog...
Ep 86 Understanding Your Child’s Growth Pattern & Navigating Weight Comments at the Doctor’s Office with Riley Peterson RDN
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher Many of our interactions and experiences in childhood contribute to the body image we have as adults. In today’s episode, Pediatric Registered Dietitian Riley Peterson joins us to share her advice on raising...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher How many times have you mentioned “Intuitive Eating” and the response was “that doesn’t work for me! I’d just eat cakes and cookies all day. No thanks!”? Or maybe you’re reading this as a newbie to IE feeling like...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher If you’re navigating your journey through healing your relationship with food and body image, family gatherings and holiday celebrations can be a very triggering time if those close to you haven’t gotten off the...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher I find that many entrepreneurs, especially in the online space, tend to share the shiny, glittery moments of entrepreneurship. When in reality, there were a lot of trials and tribulations that made up this journey. ...
Ep 82 Managing Irritable Bowel Syndrome while Maintaining a Healthy Relationship with Food | Alyssa Lavy RD
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher One of the most common questions I receive is “how do I eat intuitively while managing my GI issues?” Maintaining food freedom while figuring out your GI and IBS symptoms can be very tricky. In today’s episode we...
Ep 81 What Is Baby Led Weaning & How It Can Help You Raise an Intuitive Eater | Megan McNamee MPH, RDN
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher What is Baby Led Weaning and how can it help prevent picky eaters and encourage your child to grow up to be a healthy balanced eater who has a healthy relationship with food? We answer all of this and more in...