These shortbread caramel bars are absolutely divine and make for a decadent snack or dessert. It doesn’t hurt that they also look amazing! They are a definite crowd pleaser, too. So if you want to impress your guests, make these bars and let the compliments roll in!
Shortbread Caramel Bars
- 2 and 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 medjool dates
- ¼ cup and 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- Half cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- In a bowl mix together almond flour, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, salt, and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper. Press crust evenly into pan. Bake 12 minutes until golden brown. Set aside to cool completely (put in freezer to speed the process).
- Soak pitted medjool dates in hot water for 3 minutes. Drain water and place dates, almond milk, salt, and vanilla extract into food processor and blend till smooth. You might need to pause a few times to scrape down the sides. Pour date mixture into a bowl and stir in the almond butter until smooth and well blended.
- Pour over crust and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Prepare chocolate topping by melting chocolate and oil together. Pour a thin layer onto caramel layer. Freeze for at least 1 more hour. Slice and enjoy!
Break free of food rules, dieting, binging, and guilt so you can finally LIVE FREE by joining my self-paced online course, Living Free!
More on the blog...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher Do you want to heal your relationship with food and body image but feel like you can't let go of your desire to lose weight, too? In this solo episode, Rachel discusses why it is OKAY to desire weight loss and...
I almost didn't post this recipe because the picture is erking the hell out of me! I can't help but notice how crooked and uneven I cut these Pecan Pie Fig Bars. Make no mistake. They are DELICIOUS, but I cringe at how I cut them. Of course I doubt most people...
Are mornings too rushed for you to prepare a wholesome breakfast from scratch and you then end up ravenous by lunch time and inhale allll the things? By giving your body the fuel it needs in the morning, you are better able to tune in and honor your hunger and...
Food freedom isn't just freedom to eat cakes, cookies, and pasta. It's also have freedom to eat vegetables because YOU want to! One of the biggest surprises (more like joyful shock!!) my clients have is when they realize that they ate a salad because they...
"Why not eat cake as cake and have a real donut?"I shared a sneak peek of this recipe on my Instagram stories and received this DM. And I am 100% in agreement. Have cake if you want cake. Or have a donut if you want a donut. OR if you want a cake in the shape of a...
Confession: I've never eaten real Ferrero Rocher Truffles. Not because I have food rules, its because I keep strict kosher (there are different levels of kosher, some do eat them, I just don't)You can eat with freedom while having restrictions. It is your INTENTIONS...