These shortbread caramel bars are absolutely divine and make for a decadent snack or dessert. It doesn’t hurt that they also look amazing! They are a definite crowd pleaser, too. So if you want to impress your guests, make these bars and let the compliments roll in!
Shortbread Caramel Bars
- 2 and 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 medjool dates
- ¼ cup and 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- Half cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- In a bowl mix together almond flour, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, salt, and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper. Press crust evenly into pan. Bake 12 minutes until golden brown. Set aside to cool completely (put in freezer to speed the process).
- Soak pitted medjool dates in hot water for 3 minutes. Drain water and place dates, almond milk, salt, and vanilla extract into food processor and blend till smooth. You might need to pause a few times to scrape down the sides. Pour date mixture into a bowl and stir in the almond butter until smooth and well blended.
- Pour over crust and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Prepare chocolate topping by melting chocolate and oil together. Pour a thin layer onto caramel layer. Freeze for at least 1 more hour. Slice and enjoy!
Break free of food rules, dieting, binging, and guilt so you can finally LIVE FREE by joining my self-paced online course, Living Free!
More on the blog...
Ep 92 The Difference Between Mindful Eating and Intuitive Eating – and Why You Need Both with Paige Smathers RDN
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher Even if you are doing your best to practice intuitive eating and reconnect with your body, it’s easy to let the old mentality of “rules-based eating” slip back in and have that negative self-talk return. It can be...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher You’ve probably heard this common diet advice a million times “it's all about calories in, calories out”. You go on diet plans that give you an allotted calorie amount you can eat, and then you obsess over...
Ep 89 The Difference Between Being a Victim and Victimhood – and How to Reclaim Your Power From Diet Culture
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher Do you feel like diet culture has stolen a part of your life? Do you believe that if it weren’t for a certain person in your life who made comments about your body size and food, or perhaps certain experiences that...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher You may have been led to believe that increased weight is the cause of increased pain. You repeat to yourself what you may have been often told by others and even medical professionals: “If I could only lose weight,...
Ep 86 Understanding Your Child’s Growth Pattern & Navigating Weight Comments at the Doctor’s Office with Riley Peterson RDN
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher Many of our interactions and experiences in childhood contribute to the body image we have as adults. In today’s episode, Pediatric Registered Dietitian Riley Peterson joins us to share her advice on raising...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher How many times have you mentioned “Intuitive Eating” and the response was “that doesn’t work for me! I’d just eat cakes and cookies all day. No thanks!”? Or maybe you’re reading this as a newbie to IE feeling like...