These shortbread caramel bars are absolutely divine and make for a decadent snack or dessert. It doesn’t hurt that they also look amazing! They are a definite crowd pleaser, too. So if you want to impress your guests, make these bars and let the compliments roll in!
Shortbread Caramel Bars
- 2 and 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 medjool dates
- ¼ cup and 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- Half cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- In a bowl mix together almond flour, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, salt, and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper. Press crust evenly into pan. Bake 12 minutes until golden brown. Set aside to cool completely (put in freezer to speed the process).
- Soak pitted medjool dates in hot water for 3 minutes. Drain water and place dates, almond milk, salt, and vanilla extract into food processor and blend till smooth. You might need to pause a few times to scrape down the sides. Pour date mixture into a bowl and stir in the almond butter until smooth and well blended.
- Pour over crust and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Prepare chocolate topping by melting chocolate and oil together. Pour a thin layer onto caramel layer. Freeze for at least 1 more hour. Slice and enjoy!
Break free of food rules, dieting, binging, and guilt so you can finally LIVE FREE by joining my self-paced online course, Living Free!
More on the blog...
Yom Kippur (the holiest day in the Jewish year, which is also a fast day) is coming up next week! Fasting used to bring with it so much food stress and chaos before and after the fast (restriction can do that to ya!) Today, my preparations for the fast and how I...
How to know if you’re eating intuitively or impulsively – know the difference and learn how to stop impulsive eating
“Intuitive Eating doesn’t work for me, I just eat all the things and it doesn’t feel good.” Have you been feeling this way or have heard someone say this when you share the Intuitive Eating approach with them? Then brace yourself for a lightbulb moment: You’re...
Have you ever said about your body "I feel fat"? But not in a loving way. In a mean, disgusted, and maybe defeated way? It's time to get to the root of your bad body image thoughts. Maybe it was that moment where you ate too much chocolate and groaned, “ugh! I feel...
Ep 106 3 Things I’d do differently if I were starting my business from scratch – this will accelerate YOUR success
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify The sooner you focus on the RIGHT things to build your business and work with dream clients, the sooner you’ll achieve that goal and live out your vision of success. Looking back, when I began my entrepreneur...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify When I shared a video of me cruising in my car, jamming to music, and expressing how thankful I am that I faced my fear of driving and am now able to relax and enjoy the ride - I did not expect to have people...
Ep 104 Understanding & Managing Your Period Cravings + Identifying Hormonal Imbalances | Amanda Montalvo RD
USubscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify Do you feel like you are ‘good’ all week, even month, and then your period comes along and RUINS it all with intense cravings that send you spiraling into a binge and shame fest? One thing I WISH I knew years...