These shortbread caramel bars are absolutely divine and make for a decadent snack or dessert. It doesn’t hurt that they also look amazing! They are a definite crowd pleaser, too. So if you want to impress your guests, make these bars and let the compliments roll in!
Shortbread Caramel Bars
- 2 and 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 medjool dates
- ¼ cup and 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- Half cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- In a bowl mix together almond flour, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, salt, and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper. Press crust evenly into pan. Bake 12 minutes until golden brown. Set aside to cool completely (put in freezer to speed the process).
- Soak pitted medjool dates in hot water for 3 minutes. Drain water and place dates, almond milk, salt, and vanilla extract into food processor and blend till smooth. You might need to pause a few times to scrape down the sides. Pour date mixture into a bowl and stir in the almond butter until smooth and well blended.
- Pour over crust and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Prepare chocolate topping by melting chocolate and oil together. Pour a thin layer onto caramel layer. Freeze for at least 1 more hour. Slice and enjoy!
Break free of food rules, dieting, binging, and guilt so you can finally LIVE FREE by joining my self-paced online course, Living Free!
More on the blog...
Ep 96 Overcoming Food Fears, Weight Gain & Healing in a Diet Culture Environment with past Client Yael
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify Past client Yael, shares her inspiring journey to food freedom and body peace! The moment Yael realized that she was simultaneously obsessed with and afraid of food, and how unhealthy that was, was the moment that...
ubscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify If you’ve ever been curious about the power of manifesting (or doubting the concept, chalking it up to ‘woo-woo’ vibes), this episode is for you. When you look for all the reasons that your dream won’t work: that’s...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher You are more than your job title. More than just what you choose to do. You have layers to your personality, struggles, and triumphs. The question is… are you allowing ALL of you to be seen and expressed? Or are you...
Ep 93 What Dieting Really Does to Your Body & How to Reverse the Damaging Effects with Elaina Efird RDN, CD, CEDRD, CSSD
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher If you’ve lived in diet culture for any length of time, then you are familiar with the yo-yo cycle. Even though you know it’s probably not the best thing for you (it hasn’t worked the last 10 times, has it?), it’s...
Ep 92 The Difference Between Mindful Eating and Intuitive Eating – and Why You Need Both with Paige Smathers RDN
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher Even if you are doing your best to practice intuitive eating and reconnect with your body, it’s easy to let the old mentality of “rules-based eating” slip back in and have that negative self-talk return. It can be...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher You’ve probably heard this common diet advice a million times “it's all about calories in, calories out”. You go on diet plans that give you an allotted calorie amount you can eat, and then you obsess over...