Strawberry Wheat Germ Muffins
If you’re looking for a wholesome, moist, and delicious breakfast muffin – this one fits the bill!
I recently made muffins for a friend of mine who gave birth and as I was baking my 3 year old asked meif she can have a one of the muffins.
I was sad to tell her she can’t because it that particular recipe had eggs in it, but I promised her I’d make her a batch she can eat without eggs!
It took me 5 batches of recipe testing this Strawberry Wheat Germ Muffins to get it right and good enough to share on the blog (although my 3 year old happily ate from all 3 batches) – but I finally nailed it!
So excited to share this recipe with you! Its a great option for a grab-n-go breakfast or snack! Enjoy!
Strawberry Wheat Germ Muffins
- 1 cup white whole wheat
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 coconut cup oil, melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- pinch of salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- Whisk together white whole wheat, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, pinch of salt, and sugar in large bowl.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add apple cider vinegar, coconut milk, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and lemon zest. Whisk until just blended (do not overmix, some lumps are okay)
- Fold in 3/4 cup of chopped strawberries. Sprinkle the remaining strawberries on top.
- Scoop batter into cupcake baking pan lined with baking cups – makes 12 muffins.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool 5 minutes before removing from pan. Enjoy!
More on the blog...
Are you so over diet talk? You’ve made the decision to stop dieting, to remove food rules, and to end negative self talk about our body so that you can heal your relationship with food and focus on doing what is best for your body. The only issue is…. Your coworker...
I used to be obsessed with counting calories. I'd turn over to the nutrition facts label of any and every food and scrutinizing how many calories it contained and quickly calculating if I could ‘afford’ to eat it, if it would fit into my daily allowance I set for...
About 90% of women report experiencing a negative body image or thought at some point in their day. I mean, its not surprising given we live in a world that profits from making women feel insecure about how they look so that they buy the product that is promised to...
One of the most common concerns clients share with me when we begin working together is that they are completely confused when it comes to recognizing and honoring their hunger. They have been following diet rules and plans for when to eat and how much for so long...
When I was dieting, I would really really want ice cream. But I believed choosing ice cream was a bad choice and that I was being “so good” if I was able to keep myself from eating it. As always, I couldn't resist and eventually ate the ice cream, and then some. What...
Creamy Chocolate Fudge A super easy, creamy, and decadent dessert or snack that’s also chock full of healthy fats, plant-based protein, and fiber! This one is going to be your go-to for that sweet tooth because not only is it so delicious, its also SO crazy easy to...