Strawberry Wheat Germ Muffins
If you’re looking for a wholesome, moist, and delicious breakfast muffin – this one fits the bill!
I recently made muffins for a friend of mine who gave birth and as I was baking my 3 year old asked meif she can have a one of the muffins.
I was sad to tell her she can’t because it that particular recipe had eggs in it, but I promised her I’d make her a batch she can eat without eggs!
It took me 5 batches of recipe testing this Strawberry Wheat Germ Muffins to get it right and good enough to share on the blog (although my 3 year old happily ate from all 3 batches) – but I finally nailed it!
So excited to share this recipe with you! Its a great option for a grab-n-go breakfast or snack! Enjoy!
Strawberry Wheat Germ Muffins
- 1 cup white whole wheat
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 coconut cup oil, melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- pinch of salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- Whisk together white whole wheat, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, pinch of salt, and sugar in large bowl.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add apple cider vinegar, coconut milk, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and lemon zest. Whisk until just blended (do not overmix, some lumps are okay)
- Fold in 3/4 cup of chopped strawberries. Sprinkle the remaining strawberries on top.
- Scoop batter into cupcake baking pan lined with baking cups – makes 12 muffins.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool 5 minutes before removing from pan. Enjoy!
More on the blog...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify Registered Dietitian, Bracha Kopstick, specializes in helping teenagers have a healthy relationship with food and their body. In this episode she shares with parents the do and don’t of how to raise healthy...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify Registered Dietitian and Certified Eating Disorder Specialist, Lindsay Stenovec, teaches you how to feel confident in your body and food choices during pregnancy and postpartum, as well as how to work through...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify Self Love Coach, Beatrice Kamau, teaches you how to find deep self love & acceptance within yourself (even within the parts you don’t really love), how to trust your emotions and honor the story they are...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify Rachel interviews Registered Dietitian & women’s health expert Amanda Motalvo on understanding your period cravings & how to prevent binge eating episodes while on your period, as well as how to...
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify In this episode, Rachel walks you through how to break free from perfectionism, what’s really stopping you from being consistent, and how to achieve consistency that lasts through the lens of self compassion....
Subscribe and listen on: iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify In this episode, Rachel walks you through how to confidently identify and honor your hunger cues and what to do if you don’t feel hunger or just want to eat but aren’t hungry. Rachel’s Resources: Follow Rachel on...